We are looking for senior economists with extensive experience in analysis of competitive issues. The ideal candidate will have testimonial experience and client management experience. We are particularly interested in candidates who have an existing practice.
Econ One is always open to exceptional candidates with a Ph.D. in economics with an emphasis in microeconomic theory, industrial organization and/or econometrics. Candidates should have exceptional analytical skills (SAS and/or Stata experience a plus) as well as strong oral and written communication skills. Responsibilities include economic research and analysis, report preparation, and client presentations. This position offers the opportunity to provide expert witness testimony.
Sr. Analyst- Washington, D.C. Office
•Independent research and analysis of economic, financial, and business issues.
•Construction and analysis of complex databases using spreadsheets (like Excel) and/or programs (like SAS).
•Document collection/organization and review.
•Assist in report/exhibit preparation.
•Undertake fact checking/backup preparation for all reports and exhibits.
•BA or MA in Economics or related field.
•Minimum of 2 years of experience in economic/litigation consulting, strategic/management consulting, business valuation, or prominent economic research institution.
•Proficient in English and preferably in one other language (Spanish, Portuguese, and/or French).
•Demonstrate understanding of economic principles and financial analysis.
•Proficient in Excel. SAS programming a plus.
•Experience working with large, complex sets of data.
•Demonstrate proficiency with data presentation.
•Excellent quantitative/analytical skills.
•Ability to work independently and as part of a team; dedicated to seeing projects through to completion.
•Willingness to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
•Strong commitment to accuracy and quality work product.
Economic/Statistical Analyst - Los Angeles Office
• Independent data/statistical analysis utilizing Excel and SAS.
• Economic/Econometric modeling.
• Database construction/manipulation.
• Document collection/organization and review.
• Assist in report/exhibit preparation.
• Undertake fact checking/backup preparation for all reports and exhibits.
• BA or MA in Economics, Statistics, or related field.
• Excellent quantitative/analytical skills. Knowledge of econometrics and statistics preferred.
• Demonstrate understanding of economic principles and financial analysis.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proficient in Excel, and PowerPoint at a minimum. SAS, STATA, or other analytical software experience is a must.
• Experience working with large, complex sets of data.
• Demonstrate proficiency with data presentation.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; dedicated to seeing projects through to the completion.
• Willingness to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
• Strong commitment to accuracy and quality work product.