We are looking for senior economists with extensive experience in analysis of competitive issues. The ideal candidate will have testimonial experience and client management experience. We are particularly interested in candidates who have an existing practice.
Econ One is always open to exceptional candidates with a Ph.D. in economics with an emphasis in microeconomic theory, industrial organization and/or econometrics. Candidates should have exceptional analytical skills (SAS and/or Stata experience a plus) as well as strong oral and written communication skills. Responsibilities include economic research and analysis, report preparation, and client presentations. This position offers the opportunity to provide expert witness testimony.
Sr. Analyst- Washington, D.C. Office
•Independent research and analysis of economic, financial, and business issues.
•Construction and analysis of complex databases using spreadsheets (like Excel) and/or programs (like SAS).
•Document collection/organization and review.
•Assist in report/exhibit preparation.
•Undertake fact checking/backup preparation for all reports and exhibits.
•BA or MA in Economics or related field.
•Minimum of 2 years of experience in economic/litigation consulting, strategic/management consulting, business valuation, or prominent economic research institution.
•Proficient in English and preferably in one other language (Spanish, Portuguese, and/or French).
•Demonstrate understanding of economic principles and financial analysis.
•Proficient in Excel. SAS programming a plus.
•Experience working with large, complex sets of data.
•Demonstrate proficiency with data presentation.
•Excellent quantitative/analytical skills.
•Ability to work independently and as part of a team; dedicated to seeing projects through to completion.
•Willingness to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
•Strong commitment to accuracy and quality work product.
Economic/Statistical Analyst - Los Angeles Office
• Independent data/statistical analysis utilizing Excel and SAS.
• Economic/Econometric modeling.
• Database construction/manipulation.
• Document collection/organization and review.
• Assist in report/exhibit preparation.
• Undertake fact checking/backup preparation for all reports and exhibits.
• BA or MA in Economics, Statistics, or related field.
• Excellent quantitative/analytical skills. Knowledge of econometrics and statistics preferred.
• Demonstrate understanding of economic principles and financial analysis.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proficient in Excel, and PowerPoint at a minimum. SAS, STATA, or other analytical software experience is a must.
• Experience working with large, complex sets of data.
• Demonstrate proficiency with data presentation.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; dedicated to seeing projects through to the completion.
• Willingness to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
• Strong commitment to accuracy and quality work product.
EMPLOYER: Econ One Research, Inc.
ADDRESS: 555 University Avenue, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95825
JOB TITLE: Statistician
Under the direction of a project manager, utilize statistical theory and methods to collect, organize and analyze economic, financial and business data for the creation of databases. Conduct economic and econometric modeling; use statistical software for transactional analysis and the preparation of graphs and tables.
REQUIREMENTS: Masters in Economics or Financial Engineering and one year's experience or one year’s alternative occupational experience as statistical analyst.
To inquire about or to apply for this job opportunity, please Email your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Econ One Research, Inc.
ADDRESS: One Greenway Plaza, Suite 1025, Houston, TX 77046
JOB TITLE: Economist
Conduct economic and statistical analysis in support of litigation, including antitrust and intellectual property cases. Develop economic and econometric models of market competition, industry structure and firm conduct. Statistical data analysis of product pricing, firm profitability, market research and competition analysis.
Ph.D. in Economics and one year experience.
To apply for this job opportunity, please Email your resume and references to email@example.com .